NiuDeck is a purpose designed and engineered heavy plywood decking system which is primarily used for re-decking traditional timber road bridges but can also be used with a variety of supporting structures. NiuDeck can also be used in wharf and rail deck applications.
Manufactured using a proven durable glue system together with 100% “veneer” preservation treatment method, the product is well designed for adverse climatic conditions of bridge applications, ensuring a long design life with a 50 year Treatment Warranty.
Developed as a renewable alternative to traditional hardwood sawn timber, NiuDeck is manufactured from sustainable plantation pine that is processed with PNGFP hydro-electric power, to the highest quality standards.
Available in a range of thicknesses NiuDeck offers the engineer a cost-effective solution for a wide variety of applications which comply with either Austroads Bridge Design Code, or Australian standard AS5100 Bridge Design. In addition, a custom design service is available to handle the most challenging applications.
- Compatible with Timber, Steel and Concrete supporting structures
- Austroads (T44) and AS5100 S1600 Bridge Design loading
- Maximum panel length is 14m
- Standard panel width is 1.2m with wider panels available on request
- Complete preservative treated with Alkaline Copper Quaternary (ACQ) by the veneer treatment method to Hazard Class H4 in accordance with AS/NZS 1604
- Moisture content of less than 15% minimises shrinkage and the need for fastener retightening
- Light weight and manufactured from plantation pine
- 50 Year Treatment Warranty
Rakaia Gorge Bridge New Zealand
New Zealand National Highway, Rakaia Gorge Bridge after refurbishment with NiuDeck.
Emu Creek Bridge - Australia
Emu Creek, South East Queensland